The remortgage process typically takes 6 to 8 weeks depending on how complex the situation is.
The following gives you a simplified version of what happens.
- Find the perfect mortgage.
- Submit application to the mortgage lender.
- All applicants credit history will be checked.
- All required documents sent to the mortgage lender.
- The mortgage lender will check the documents.
- The mortgage lender checks the property.
- Once the mortgage lender is happy, they will issue a mortgage offer.
- It is time for the solicitor to complete the legal part of checking the property.
- The solicitor will then pay off the current mortgage lender and everything is transferred to the new mortgage lender.